Wednesday, May 4, 2011

BeautyFull Wednesday: Some life-shaving advice.

Oh, who doesn't love a good pun on a gloomy day!


But let's pretend it's a beautiful spring day, like it's supposed to be. 
Hemlines are going up.
Legs are coming out.
And hair is going away. 
Or, at least it should be!


I have pretty much HATED, LOATHED, ABHORRED shaving from the time I started in my tweenage years.  
It's tedious.
Time-consuming.
I always ALWAYS cut myself.  
And all that for something that lasts, like, ONE day?


Luckily, I have blonde hair and can get away [aesthetically] without shaving for a few days.  Tactically speaking, however, is a whole other story.  I'm pretty sure my ex-hubs had moments during our 8 years together where he questioned whether he was in a relationship with an aboriginal or bush-woman.  Especially in the winter months.  My bad!
Then, a few years ago, I found my "shaving grace." [ahh they just keep coming!]
I had seen commercials and thought it was kind of stupid, so I really have no idea how I ended up trying it.


Behold: The Schick Intuition
Two words:  
Life. Changing.

The why's & how's:

Why: It takes almost ZERO time to shave, no messing with a separate shaving cream, etc.  
Plus, I almost NEVER cut myself with this thing, which I find to be an amazing selling point.  
How: Use it like a normal razor [duh] but the trick is, that the razor (blade/soapy part) AND your leg both need to be wet and stay wet. My brilliant discovery is just to stick your leg in the water and leave it there. So yes, just shave under a constant stream of water.


You will be done in like 60 seconds and have smooth, silky legs.  Finish, of course, with my other fave shower buddy Johnson's Baby Oil Gel. If you don't have to resist the urge to occasionally caress your own legs after this, you did something wrong! 
Of course, there's a few cons with this product. Actually, just one: The blade/soap-in-one thingies.  They don't last for very many usages and aren't super duper cheap, in terms of normal razor blades.  
Whatever.
If you hate shaving like I do, it's ONE SCHMILLION PERCENT WORTH IT!
Available {here} or any drugstore, anywhere.

What's up in man-land?

I'm already too bored with Sunday's stories to even relay them. [you're welcome].
In other news, the night I went to see LCD Soundsystem with SoCal, we chatted excitedly about all the other upcoming shows we had tix for.  I told him he could come to the CAKE show with me last month (he ended up having to play a soccer game instead, and I'm glad because I went with bffs Noda & Tons and couldn't have had more fun. EVER.)  
He told me he had tix to TWO consecutive Peter, Bjorn & John shows in May and then invited me to the one at Bowery Ballroom on May 2 (aka this past Monday). 
Okay, so we hadn't spoken about it again since then, but still. Is he completely wet on the brain? 
Sure enough, at about 12a Monday night, there was dum-dum's post on FB from the show. At Bowery Ballroom. Spitting distance from my apt.  
What. An. A-hole.
It's a good thing I no longer am trying to convince myself I like or care about him, but I now need to stop trying to UNDERSTAND him. As in, "Why did SoCal send me a random "Happy Friday!" text last Friday? 
What is the point of ANY of this? 
I finally got smart and at least blocked his status updates from appearing in my newsfeed.  I also came to the realization that it's not that I even like the guy, but it's that he likes to do a lot of the things I love to do, and I just simply HATE not being thought of or included in stuff.  I'm still that kid standing out on the playground, fighting back tears for being left out of four square!
The other real truth is that I am just BORED.
BORED.
BORED.
BORED.
I just need to get through the next 2 weeks and I have a very good feeling things will change for me. Until then, I will continue to feel like this message that strangely appeared overnight on the gate of one of the places next to my apt on the Bowery.

Mega sigh....

1 comment:

  1. For a future beauty-full Wednesday I would love to hear what you use for skincare. What moisturizer, cleanser, exfoliate, etc. do you use on your face? Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete